Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Week's Worth of Laundry

My husband came back from combined interview/consulting travel with a week's worth of dirty laundry in his suitcase.  I didn't realize that he'd left the case in the car until Sunday.  That's right.  He got in on Thursday and I didn't do anything about it until today.  Oops.  No, oops doesn't quite capture it.

I've been trying hard to do a load of laundry a day for at least the last three years.  What this means is that we don't have a lot of depth in the underwear drawer-- I can only go a little over a week without having to choose between a bathing suit bottom or going commando.  I've always kept the guys stocked with more underwear and socks, partly because of business travel, but also because laundry doesn't always make it into the hamper (I once found a load's worth of dirty clothes in the attic.  Yes, you read that right.  I have yet to understand the minds of small boys.  Or big boys for that matter.)

I digress.  A week's worth of laundry in a suitcase. More travel commencing today.  Panic!  Oh wait.  The guys have more pairs of tighty whities than I do.  Crisis averted.

Things I've learned from this last round of business travel:

  • Suitcases, like lunchboxes, should be opened immediately upon reentry.  If none is presented, ask.  (Lunchboxes? you ask. Ah, that is the subject of another blog post)
  • Mom should have less laundry than anyone else in the family.  It helps keep laundry predicaments at bay

No comments:

Post a Comment