Monday, June 7, 2010

One Week in New York City

I've been married for 15 years and doing laundry and other chores for as long as I can remember, and it's interesting how one week in New York City can change the way I look at and plan my household chores.

First thing I've learned? Wear good shoes and always carry a good shoulder bag/tote. 

I also have a list of things I've changed: 

Old rule: a load of laundry a day
NYC change: spot treat stains daily, head to the laundromat once a week

Old rule: once a week grocery shopping
NYC change: a little at a time (and I'm considering delivery service)

Old rule: keep the box
NYC rule: reuse/recycle/remove everything!

Stay the same: do the dishes immediately

I'll tell you more about these throughout the week.

In the meantime, what's your moving/getting settled tip?

No comments:

Post a Comment