Monday, July 4, 2011

Bone Tired and Unforgettable Routines

We planned our vacation so that we'd come back on a holiday weekend. This means we had a day of buffer before we have to head back into work, and I'm so thankful to have it. I woke up this morning around 2 AM and I've been up ever since. Believe me, I TRIED to go back to sleep until about 5:30 when I just got up. My body is crying out for sleep, but I know from brutal past experience that if I sleep at these odd times it'll just prolong the jetlag.

I've been pretty brain dead today, but thanks to routines that my podcasts and just plain doing over and over tattooed into my DNA, my suitcase is unpacked, I made lunch, mopped the floor, and most of the stuff is put away, Hey, I even got the dishes done! I say mostly put away because my guys slept like the dead all day today and I had to tiptoe around the bedroom. The wall of fatigue waited for them to get up before it hit me and I can now barely move enough to get this post up. If it weren't for the Sassy Bridesmaid and some awesome-sauce peer pressure I'd be... well, I'd probably be sitting on the couch trying to talk myself out of falling asleep.

Speaking of routines, there's a walking carpet aka the dog asking for a walk. He knows what to do at this time of day, and my feet do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment