Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Some Days are More Random Than Others

I live in New York City. There's over 8 million people here, it's said that there are 800 languages spoken here as well. Imagine the surprise of this lil'ol Texas gal when I saw a bonafide turkey in my lane today.

Staten Island Wild Turkey (not a zoo escapee)
Yup, you read that right, a turkey. Now, before you accuse me of distracted driving, let me just point out the big red light in the picture. Yup, I was stopped when I snapped this shot. I couldn't even pull up because of the gobbler in front of me. And before you ask, no, it's not a zoo escapee, it's a wild turkey, one of a flock that roam the forgotten borough.

Yes, some days are just more random than others.

:)

~Phera




PS ~ In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit I knew about the band of wild turkeys on Staten Island. I even have a pic of part of the flock near the St. John's campus. This shot today was the first good picture I've taken and had a great story to go with it, so it made it into the blog. Hey, all's fair for #nablopomo as long as I get that daily post up, right Super Jenn?

1 comment:

  1. Don't you know it :) All's fair in love and NaBloPoMo.

    Nice turkey.

    ReplyDelete