Thursday, March 11, 2010

My S.M.A.R.T. Plan for Healthy LIving

I asked for a completed S.M.A.R.T. Plan for Healthy Living from our Walking on Sunshine team before the Walk Kansas team started.  The only problem with holding all the info is I need someone to keep an eye on me.  With that in mind, here is my mostly completed plan (I'm really bad at coming up with good rewards, I do much better with all the other parts):
Healthy Living Contract

I set the following SPECIFIC and MEASURABLE goal(s) for myself:
  • I will improve my cardiovascular health by exercising 5x/week for at least 30 minutes
  • I will improve my diet by making sure that I have 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
  • I will improve my energy level by staying hydrated and drinking at least 64 oz of water every day.

My goal is ATTAINABLE because
  • I am scheduling exercise for myself on a daily basis.
  • In addition to planning our menus on a weekly basis, I am keeping fruit and vegetables close at hand and ready to eat
  • I am making myself accountable to my Walk Kansas team and blog readers

I will give myself the following REWARDS when I’m successful at reaching this goal (list each reward and
each milestone):
  • (ok, I'm really bad at rewarding myself. I need suggestions here)

The TIMELINE for this goal is: March 7-May 1
I will keep track of my progress in the following way:

What do you think?  I'm open to gentle guidance, so please let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment